8 hrs/day - 12 months/year position
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and an active NYS drivers license, Must have no less than three years full-time experience in general building construction, maintenance or repair in one or more of the standard trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, masonry or related fields.
This position requires a person who can perform a variety of skilled mechanical, maintenance, repair and construction tasks. The hours of work are primarily day hours but will require availability at all hours for district emergencies. This position requires lifting and working on ladders and scaffolding at various heights. The employee works under general supervision allowing for the exercise of independent judgement in carrying out the details of the work. The incumbent may direct the work of subordinate employees at the job site. Does related work as required.
Specific duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Managing work crews for maintenance and grounds
- General repair to maintenance and grounds equipment
- Plumbing repair including sweat joints and threading pipe
- Painting projects
- Carpentry projects
- Masonry and plaster repair
- Heating or electric installation, maintenance and repair of new circuits, including 3-phase
- Snow plowing as needed, hour vary
Applications available here and at the District Office. Completed applications must be submitted to the District Office by Tuesday, January 22, 2019.